- The current procedures for diagnosis and management of tissue lesions and superficial tumors are complex, subjective, and often highly inaccurate since they are based on the tumor morphology. The process is time consuming, expensive, and invasive due to the biopsy used to evaluate the suspected lesions. This can also lead to more complications and prolonged, as well as costly, inconvenience for the patient.
- There is a need to develop a non-invasive method of detection and analysis of tissues lesions and superficial tumors that provide a doctor with better accuracy and comfort for patients.
- A new non-invasive technology for fast and accurate tumor diagnosis in situ, based on biomechanical tumor properties.
- Malignant cells are known to be softer with increased intracellular dynamics and intracellular mechanical work relative to their counterpart benign cells. Today, those biomechanical parameters are not utilized to aid in tissues diagnosis.
- The aim of our device and method is to detect those increased cell membrane vibrations that characterize malignant cells to aid in the detection of malignant superficial tissues.
- Our Patented Technology is based on the evaluation of tissue dynamics and could be used for several applications:
- Detection and classification of multiple superficial tissue tumors or lesions, including malignancy diagnosis.
- Skin and endoscopic examinations (e.g., cystoscopy, colonoscopy, bronchoscopy, laryngoscopy).
- In-hospital and POC patient diagnosis.
- Define tumors borders to aid in treatment plan and efficiency.
The Biophysically Based Tumor Diagnosis has significant advantages:
- Fast- In situ in vivo evaluation (on site) in minutes.
- Automatic and Accurate Analysis- Precise procedure that is not examiner dependent.
- Safe- a non-invasive procedure with a very low energy power and risk.
- Low Cost, non-expensive devise, less biopsies, less doctors time.
- More Efficient– Targeted evaluation and treatment of tumor borders and lesion contour
Our vision is that our device will become the standard procedure to support biopsy decisions, and lead to an early and accurate detection of superficial skin tumors while lowering the cost and invasiveness of the current process.
We aim to provide our device to existing endoscope/dermatoscope producers (e.g. Olympus, Pentax, Fujinon, Storz, Sony, DermLite), medical centers that diagnose and treat cancer, and dermatologists who diagnose skin cancers.